What is Academic and Career Planning (ACP)?
手机体育投注平台The purpose of Academic and Career Planning (ACP) is to assist students with planning and preparing for opportunities after graduating from high school. These opportunities may include post-secondary education and training that leads to careers.
手机体育投注平台ACP is a student-driven, adult-supported process in which students create and cultivate their own unique and information-based visions for post-secondary success. This is achieved through self-exploration, career exploration, and the development of career management and planning skills.
ACP refers to both a process that helps students engage in academic and career development activities, as well as a product that is created and maintained for students’ academic, career, and personal achievement.
ACP is a student-driven, ongoing process that actively engages students in:
- understanding their own interests, strengths, values, and learning styles.
- creating a vision for their future.
- developing individual goals.
- preparing a plan for achieving their vision and goals.
ACP provides students with a product that documents and reflects students’:
- coursework, learning, and assessment results.
- post-secondary plans aligned to career goals and financial reality.
- record of college and career readiness skills.